We were so thrilled to have such an amazing panel of speakers and a very engaged audience, during our August virtual event, Returning to the (Virtual) Campus: Activism, Anti-racism and Transforming Community. We received many more questions than we had time for in the Q&A. We have compiled some initial resources. Further, we are excited to share that we will be taking many of the questions and providing expanded responses through a series of blog posts with experts in higher ed. We will be posting them on the DDNRC website every few weeks. If you want to get updates, follow us on Facebook. We will be posting when new content is live.
Do you know of any articles that address this double pandemic and how it will affect black faculty in the area of upcoming tenure and promotion evaluation cycles?
- The Problems With Pausing the Tenure Clock by Reem Khamis-Dakwar and Josh Hiller
- Universities Are Freezing Tenure Clocks. What Will That Mean for Junior Faculty of Color? by Sara Weissman
- Pregnant Mother Scholar in a Pandemic by Abiola Farinde-Wu
- Gender, Race, COVID-19 and the Case Against Tenure-Clock Stoppages by Colleen Flaherty
- A Pandemic Amongst a Pandemic: The Black Community Is Exhausted by Leslie Ekpe
- Accomplices not Allies: Abolishing the Ally Industrial Complex from Indigenous Action
- Challenging Anti-Black Racism Ending the Option to Opt Out by Tawana Petty
- Sign up for (and support financially) Anti-Racism Daily
- White Academia: Do Better. by Jasmine Roberts
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor. by Layla Saad
- Race Equity and Inclusion Action Guide from the Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Organizational Change Processes from Racial Equity Tools
Unjust Universities: Part II by Zachary S. Ritter and Reshmi Dutt-Ballerstadt
- Opportunities for White People in the Fight for Racial Justice
- What White Colleagues Need to Understand by Clarice Brazas and Charlie McGeehan
- White Supremacy Culture in Organizations by Dismantling Racism Works adapted from The Centre for Community Organizations
Additional Books and Resources
A List compiled by Princeton Students
Resources & Tools Regarding Racism & Anti-Blackness compiled by Tatum Dorrell, Matt Herndon, Jourdan Dorrell
Red Record by Ida B Wells
This is the first blog post. You can insert photos into a post and embed content.
Learn how to create a blog and some tips for keeping it updated.
Watch this video for additional information on setting up your blog.
To change this content, click "Edit this page" in the Supporter Nav on the right,
or from your Control Panel navigate to Websites > [blog] > Posts & subpages > [first_blog_post].